Visitors can be good medicine for patients, and family members and friends are welcome to visit. However, patient care is our primary concern at Takoma, and in order to enhance the quality of care, specific visiting hours and regulations have been established.
The visiting hours and guidelines of Takoma are listed below. In the best interest of your friend or relative, please follow these guidelines. If you need additional information, check with the nurse on the unit.
General visiting hours
10:00 a.m. to 8 p.m.
Intensive Care Unit
Immediate family only - limited to 30 minutes every 2 hours between the hours of 10:00 a.m. and 8:00 p.m.
Labor and Delivery Unit
Visitation at the discretion of the nurse
Visiting Regulations & Guidelines
We ask that all visitors to Memorial Hospital respect the following guidelines:
- Only 2 visitors per patient at a time.
- Children under 12 must be accompanied by an adult and are not allowed in the ICU.
- Children should not be left unattended anywhere in the hospital.
- Visitors with colds, flu or other contagious illnesses are asked not to visit patients until they themselves are well.
- Visitors and patients should be respectful of other patients and keep noise to a minimum.
- Visitors must check with the nursing unit before bringing food or flowers to the patient’s room. Patients may be on special diets, and certain foods are restricted. Also, flowers are sometimes irritating to patients who are ill.
- Visitors are asked to not visit other patients on the unit, touch equipment or change the position of a patient or their bed without consulting the nurse.
- Please observe all signs posted on patient room doors and ask the charge nurse for any assistance.