Takoma's Holiday Health Fair Scheduled Dec. 5 At YMCA
A special “Holiday Health Fair” will be held Wednesday, Dec. 5, at the YMCA.
Hosted by Takoma Regional Hospital, the health fair will be held from 10 a.m. until noon. The event is free and open to the public.
Participants can visit several booths, including those hosted by:
• Takoma’s Wellness Center with Bob Kamieneski, who will give away CREATION Health books and take free blood pressures.
• Center for Outpatient Physical Rehabilitation with Bryan Benedict, who will give away exercise bands and demonstrate proper technique.
• Takoma’s Dietary Department with dietitians’ Joanie Scott and Dawn Wright, who will provide healthy food samples and conduct BMI checks.
• Complete Health Improvement Project with Lynda Nelson, who will answer questions about upcoming classes, as well as conduct body fat analyses.
• Takoma’s Center for Wound Care with Robyn Iuliana, who will share information about caring for wounds.
• Louisa Hammer, Takoma’s certified diabetic educator, will provide information about diabetic services and upcoming classes.
• Takoma’s Senior Care with Janie Strom, who will discuss ways to keep the mind healthy and give away free “brain squeezers.”
• Takoma’s community relations department with Tina Chudina, who will give away vouchers for free blood work and provide information about the hospital’s providers.
• YMCA, who will provide information about its services and membership.
For more information, please call Tina Chudina, community relations coordinator, at 798-8110.