Diabetic Health Fair Set For Dec. 6
A diabetic health fair will be held at Takoma Regional Hospital on Thursday, Dec. 6, from 4-6:30 p.m.
The event, which will be held at the Everett and Carolyn Coolidge Volunteer Conference Center, is free and open to the public.
“This is a fun event we all look forward to each year,” Louisa Hammer, certified diabetic educator at Takoma, said. “We will have important information for diabetics, healthy holiday snacks, and door prizes.”
Booths will feature:
· Takoma dietitians’ Joanie Scott and Dawn Wright
· Robyn Iuliano of Takoma’s Wound Care, who will be conducting free foot exams
· Bob Kamieneski, Takoma’s wellness director, who will give away CREATION Health books
· Janie Strom of Takoma’s Senior Care
· A spokesperson for the Complete Health Improvement Program (CHIP)
· Paige Douthat from MedXpress (diabetic shoes and supplies)
· Susie Lones from Sanofi (insulin therapy)
· Rhonda Hensley of Rural Resources
· Maria Gwin of Abbot Meters, who will give away meters
For more information about the health fair, please contact Louisa Hammer, the hospital’s certified diabetic educator, at 636-0308. RSVPs are appreciated.