Takoma Regional/YMCA Lecture Series Announced
Thursday, October 29, 2009 12:00 AM
GREENEVILLE, TN –
How to cook healthy holiday desserts will be among the informative healthcare topics offered as part of the Takoma Regional Hospital/YMCA Lecture Series for 2009-2010.
Takoma Regional Dietitian Joanie Scott will present a special holiday program called “Simple DeLites” on Nov. 2 at 10 a.m. at the YMCA. Scott will offer samples of several healthy holiday desserts, as well as share recipes and healthy eating tips.
“Takoma Regional is very excited about this year’s lineup because it offers a good mix of helpful health topics,” Daniel Wolcott, the hospital’s president and CEO, said. “We are always pleased to provide information to the community about how to live healthier lives.”
Other upcoming lectures at the YMCA include:
- Dec. 14 – 10 a.m. – “How to Keep Your Feet Healthy As You Age” with Dr. Joe Ades, podiatrist, ETSU Physicians;
- Jan. 11 – 10 a.m. – “Losing Weight After the Holidays” with Dr. Jo Lynn Hawthorne, Women’s Center of Greeneville;
- Feb. 8 – 10 a.m. – “What’s Your Heart Disease Risk?” with Dr. Gregory Uhl, cardiologist, Cardiovascular Associates;
- March 8 – 10 a.m. – Diabetic cooking workshop with Takoma Regional Registered Nurse Louisa Hammer and Dietitian Joanie Scott;
- April 12– 10 a.m. – “Understanding Vitamins and Supplements” with Dr. Claes Svendsen, family practice, Takoma Medical Associates;
- May 3 – 10 a.m. – “Surviving Springtime Allergies” with Dr. Robert Locklear, internal medicine, Takoma Medical Associates.
For more information on any of these lectures, please contact Tina Chudina, media relations coordinator, at Takoma Regional at 798-8110.