Diabetes Support Group Planning Holiday Health Fair Dec. 3
A holiday health fair will be held Thursday, Dec. 3, at Takoma Regional Hospital, featuring diabetic experts, holiday treats and door prizes.
The special event, held at 6 p.m. in the Everett and Carolyn Coolidge Volunteer Conference Center, is hosted by Takoma’s Diabetes Support Group.
“We will celebrate the holidays while learning healthy diabetic tips that will help during this party season,” Louisa Hammer, Takoma’s diabetic educator, said. “In one single event, they will learn about insulin, blood glucose meters, nutrition, diabetes supplies and insulin pumps. And, they will be able to ask questions directly to our many experts and pharmaceutical representatives.”
Health fair participants include:
· Kim Norris, a registered nurse with Life Scan. Norris will give away free meters, including the One Touch meter, and will provide information about checking blood glucoses.
· Kathy Tyree, a registered nurse with Animas Corp. Tyree will share information on the latest advancements in insulin pump technology, accessibility and what pump is best for each individual.
· Rob Lewelling with Sanofi-aventis. Lewelling will provide information on Lantus and Apidra insulins, as well as discuss insulin therapy.
· Debra Jones, a registered dietitian with Abbott Nutrition. Jones will answer questions about diabetic nutrition, as well as providing free samples and coupons for Glucerna products.
· Chris Norris with Pinnacle Medical Solutions, a diabetic supply company. Norris will discuss their products, which are available for home delivery.
This event is free and open to the public. For more information, please contact Louisa Hammer at 636-0308. Reservations are requested.