Nutrition Classes Planned At Takoma
A new series of nutrition classes has been announced by Takoma Regional Hospital.
The 30-minute classes will be held each month at noon in the hospital’s boardroom near the Forget-Me-Not Gift Shoppe.
“The classes are free and open to the public, as well as to our employees,” Joanie Scott, one of the dietitians teaching the classes, said. “Seating is limited, however, so you might want to come early. Reservations are not required.”
Dietitian Dawn Wright also will co-teach the classes.
The following classes are scheduled:
• Oct. 1 – “Eating To Life: Healthy Food Choices For Weight Loss or Weight Control”
• Nov. 5 – “What Can I Eat To Help Fight Against Cancer?”
• Jan. 7 – “How Can I Lose Weight?”
• Feb. 4 – “How Can I Get My Blood Cholesterol And Triglycerides Down With Food?”
• March – “Where Is Sugar Hiding In Foods?”
“These classes will be fun and informative,” Wright said. “They will focus on improving health through dietary changes.”
Participants may bring their lunches to the lectures.